Monday, January 25, 2010

Monday Madness-Storing Memories

I love memories.

I love the ones in my head, and I love the ones that are represented in journals, drawings, pictures, projects and the like.

Today, we are going to sort the MEMORIES box.

Here is how we do it:

STEP #1-First you need a container for each person in your family.  I use these plastic containers from Wal-Mart.  They are about $4 each.  You can use office boxes, other containers or even FREE apple boxes from the grocery store.  I like these because they are inexpensive, keep things clean and dry and are critter-proof.

STEP #2-Sort all your things from your MEMORY basket.

STEP #3-Label the boxes and store in a safe place together.  I store ours under the stairs in the basement.

DSC_0155 DSC_0156 DSC_0157 DSC_0158

This is how I store each of the kids’ school year memories.  Take a poster board, cut in half and then fold halves together and staple sides.  I have a file drawer in the kitchen to store the children’s work throughout the school year.  At the end of each year, we go through it together and only keep the favorite work, and store them in these cheap folders and place in the memory box.

DSC_0159 DSC_0160

If you have a great way to store your memories, PLEASE SHARE.

Let me know and send me a picture and we will post it!

For tomorrow:

TACKLE TUESDAY is going to be our day to tackle that TO FILE basket.  So, look around and find EVERYTHING that needs to be filed, and we will take care of it tomorrow!

Off to finish my memory boxes!

See you tomorrow!

~Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment