Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Wrap-up Wednesday-Pretty Paper Piles

Did you know that paper piles can look “pretty?”

Ok, not really pretty, but sorted in a way that is it simple to stay up on everything, which makes everything look so much better!

Today we are going to take that TO DO basket and SORT it again, to make it really work!

Here are the categories today:

DSC_0010 DSC_0011 DSC_0012

DSC_0013 DSC_0014 DSC_0015

I use these GREAT dish tubs to sort my paper into manageable categories.  They can be found anywhere house wares are sold, Wal-Mart, Target, etc. for around $2-3.  You can buy them in different colors and sort that way too!  You can also use the organizing bins just bigger than the shoe box.

Sort your TO DO basket the way that it works best for YOU!

This is how I do it that works best for our family.

Here is what “qualifies” a paper item for each tub:

TO DO-NOW-This tub is RED for a reason!  I consider this my “to do list” with the papers to match what needs to be done.  This is the tub that holds rebate information, thank yous, lesson material, Scout info, etc.

COUPONS-This one holds coupons on the back of receipts for dry cleaning, coupons that Nana cuts out for us (thank you Nana,) grocery coupons before they are filed, and any other coupons that you come across before they are filed into those nifty coupon holders.

TO FILE-This category is for things that you have taken care of that now that need to be filed.

BILLS-When mail comes in and goes in the TO DO basket, this is where the current bills land.

RECEIPTS-I use my receipt holder in my car, but occasionally receipts come from other places and can’t get lost.  They may also belong in a tax folder, stapled to a warranty file, or need to be turned in for church or business.

BUSINESS-This is where my ideas go for my organization “business/hobby” and anything to do with the children’s jewelry company that my sister and I own.

I have a great system for being organized in each of these areas.  We will cover that next week day-by-day until the PAPER MADNESS is GONE!

If you have any ideas that work for you in any of these categories and want to be featured next week, just email me or comment for your link.

I have some great ideas that have been sent already that will be featured in the upcoming weeks.

KEEP THE IDEAS COMING!

This is a great way to show many different possibilities!

For tomorrow:

THERAPY THURSDAY is going to ask a very important PAPER question, so make sure you tune in!

My organization task for the day is done, so I am off to clean the house to surprise a hard-working husband who gets back from a very long week out of town!

See you tomorrow!

~Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment